View Single Post
Old 3 Nov 19, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
lovesdisney
Excited about Disney

Mobile What Would you do?

So we are on our return from 8 nights in Orlando.. we flew indirect. Our MCO - JFK leg was on time and we made the connection... however as a family of 4 2adulta and 2 kids under 12 We were split up. Hubby went to the desk to ask if we could be sat togeather, they said not way the flight was over booked and they were offering $800 each to swap flights and travel the next day at 1pm to Detroit then to Heathrow... as he reported this back to me... I considered what $2400 could get... next years holiday... so I made him ask more details re the next days flights.. as he returned he said that it was now $1000 each to travel the next day... I said let’s do it... yes the kids would miss school and I would miss work but $4000😬
As we approached the desk they said they only needed 3 passengers to we resigned our fate that we were going home... they then announced $1200 each... so I sent hubby up again and they agreed to let us swap flights and gave us $4800 for our trouble.
We found accommodation at the airport at our cost ( but used hubby’s free holiday inn points so no cost) and currently sat in Detroit airport waiting for the flight to Heathrow..

How many would have done the same?
I’ve told work a slight bend of the truth and said delays caused us to miss the connection which I do feel bad about but $4800 that’s next years holiday paid and a nice Xmas