View Single Post
Old 16 Jun 21, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

I just checked my wall cabinets and they are 45cm from the worktop to the base. They are plenty high enough to get my coffee machine and kitchen aid under with room to spare. I think another 5 or 15cm would make them really high - I have trouble reaching the top shelf as it is (I'm 5ft 4) If it is to stop you having a gap at the top, my builder boxed it in just behind the cornice and it has been painted to match the walls and IMO looks great, plus no cleaning tops of cabinets, just a wipe along the cornice

Stools at the island - is hard We are a family of 4 but due to having quartz I had to give up on 1 stool and just have 3. We have 2 on one side, down from the hob and 1 at the bottom. If all 4 of us are here then we eat at the table. When discussing it with the designer she said 3 in a row is nice to chat to people when cooking but not so good if you are eating together! I also moved my hob during the fit due to beams on the ceiling so it worked a lot better then. All I have under my hob are 2 sets of pan drawers with internal drawers which is where I keep the utensils, pans, baking tins, tea towels, foil, cling film. I keep all my food stuff in a big double larder cupboard next to the fridge.

Hope that helps!