View Single Post
Old 16 Oct 21, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

January 2022 LA and Disneyland Pre Trip Planning

Well finally the travel ban is being lifted in November so let the trip planning begin.

I usually travel to California in June but I really don't want to wait until June 2022 to go back.

As my 2020 and then 2021 trips were cancelled, I saved my money, so I can have 2 trips in 2022.

My preferred airline is Aer Lingus. They used to have a Dublin to LAX route which was amazing, but since Covid this has stopped and there is no re start date yet.

As the Aer Lingus direct Dublin to LAX is gone for now, when looking for an alternative airline and route I wanted o still fly from Dublin, to make sure to have the US Preclearance. I know I would have to do an indirect and change planes in America, so after checking the airlines and routes, I have booked with Delta via JFK and made sure both the Dublin to LAX and LAX to Dublin routes have 3 hours transfer time in JFK.

The first week of my trip I will be in LA. For this trip, my first back to LA since Covid I don't really want to do touristy things. I mainly just want to relax, spend time with my friends and go shopping. I have booked the Hilton at Universal Studios, but most likely I wont be going to the park. I just want to be in a nice hotel, with a pool, with shops and restaurants nearby. I have never done a resort type holiday, so this will be something different.

For Disneyland I have booked the Tropicana Hotel. This is one of the motels / hotels directly across the street from the pedestrian entrance to Disneyland on Harbour Boulevard. I have previously stayed at Deseret Inn and Suites which is next door and loved the location. Staying less than 10 minutes walk from the security bag check area means that I don't have to worry about getting to the parks in the morning and I can stay as late as I want.

I bought Disneyland tickets in 2020 and due to the shutdown, the expiry date was extended to January 2023. I have them loaded onto the app and I have now made my park reservations. Disneyland park reservations open at 120 days.

I still have so much to do, the normal planning and all the extra planning since Covid.

Edited at 06:50 PM.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List