View Single Post
Old 14 Jul 19, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mike4scuba View Post
Checked by text and got this reply

Well done on earning all of those miles!≈It is only possible to use one account per booking so to use miles from more than one account there are two options for you. You can make separate bookings online from each account and we can link them together for you. Alternatively we are able to transfer miles into one account. This is only permitted should each member have enough miles to redeem each sector of the booking or the same amount of miles for a Miles Plus Money booking. Should you not proceed with the booking in the next 24 hours the mileage transfer will be reversed back to the original account. Sorry about the confusion however SMS≈is not an instant form of communication as I also have to assist other passengers.

Then I asked about the cost

As long as≈each member has≈enough miles to redeem each sector of the booking or the same amount of miles for a Miles Plus Money booking we can complete this transfer for you. All other transfers outside of those amounts would have to be completed online under your accounts for the appropriate transfer charges.

Now I am confused.com
They're basically saying that if you have enough miles in your account for a flight and your partner has enough miles in their account for a flight and you want to book, that you can either just book 2 flights separately, or they'll transfer all the miles from one account in to the other free of charge and book both flights from one account. - it actually makes it easier for them to do that. However, if your partner doesn't have enough miles to cover their flight in full, but adding them to your account would mean you can book 2 flights as you have more miles than they have, that there would be a transfer charge. I have read of some agents waiving this though, so it could depend on who you talk to. This is all relevant if you're actually booking flights at the time. If you're not in the position to book flights and just want to transfer/gift miles to another account, then you'll have to pay the relevant fee.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List