View Single Post
Old 26 May 22, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Mobile Bermuda - Mini Trip Report May 2022

The main purpose of our trip was to celebrate my 50th birthday which was in April - the plan had originally been Singapore but with Covid restrictions, we decided to leave that for another time. I had been looking forward to this trip for a long time but very suddenly in March my mum passed away, and I found it difficult to summon any enthusiasm after that, but she was excited for us going and we decided we still needed to go and have a lovely time, which we absolutely did. You still need to test for Bermuda, so it was a bit hairy until those all important negative tests came through two days before and we were good to go. We flew World Traveller Plus direct from Heathrow with BA and stayed for 10 nights.

Where we stayed
We stayed at the Newstead Belmont Hills Golf Resort & Spa in Paget, it took about 30 minutes to get there from the airport. I booked through BA. After much deliberation between a few different resorts, we decided on here as they offered a studio, which had a small kitchenette, and we thought it would be nice to not have to eat out every night and good to have a fridge to keep our drinks cool! When we checked in, I was wished a Happy Birthday which I thought was odd, as I hadn’t mentioned it on the booking and we were given our room number and told our luggage would be brought down to us. I was amazed when we opened the door, we had been upgraded to a one bedroom suite right on the waterfront that had its own lounge area, separate bedroom and more substantial kitchen.

We had walked by the most magnificent looking pool and an amazing sunset was just starting, but we also had a stunning view over the harbour towards Hamilton on the other side.

I also noticed when we got in the room that there was a Happy Birthday balloon and a bouquet of flowers on the dining table, and when I went into the kitchen there was a plate of chocolate covered strawberries, a plate of cupcakes and also a bottle of pink champagne too. My dh had arranged it all with the concierge before we went as a surprise, I was shocked and a little bit emotional! That’s how they knew at check-in we were celebrating my birthday!

We decided to go for a bit of a walk around the hotel and go and grab a drink from the bar. I had a glass of rose and my dh had a cocktail - I think it was at that moment we realised just exactly how pricey Bermuda actually was going to be! $36.75 for the 2 drinks with 17% gratuity automatically added on - wow!

Another plus of the hotel was that they run a ferry/catamaran over to Hamilton several times a day which was really handy and something we used a lot.

Edited at 11:43 AM.
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List