View Single Post
Old 25 Aug 19, 04:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Mobile Day 6 - Satuli Canteen and Crystal Palace - Monday 19th August

This morning we were heading for EMH at AK. With an early start, we had some pastries we had saved from Portofino (clearly we had not got our heads round the dining plan yet!)

In AK we were ready for a snack on our way to Rafiki’s Planet Watch for the Animation Experience, and were heading to Tamu Tamu Refreshments only to find we were too early. The boys had some crisps I had taken, but Barnaby desperately wanted nacho cheese Doritos from a snack stand. We paid cash for these as $3.25 seemed bad value for a snack credit...

On our way back we went to Tamu Tamu. Alex, Barnaby and I all had the Simba cookie sandwich

David had the Malva cake sundae

Sebastian had the warm brownie sundae

All of these were lovely but huge, we couldn’t finish them

For lunch we went to Satuli Canteen. This was packed, I mobile ordered but had problems getting a signal to do it. We shared two of the combination beef and chicken bowls, one with the potato base and one with noodles. David and I had fountain drinks and we got cups for water for the boys (none of them like fizzy drinks)

The meat was very good in these, and we enjoyed them except the boba balls which were a bit weird! The portions were huge

Dinner was at Crystal Palace.
This was a plate of Barnaby’s

The children mainly ate macaroni cheese and mash potatoes!

My plates - there was roast beef and pork, various chicken wings with coatings, pasta, jambalaya and a salmon with a barbecue type coating. The salmon was the standout for me. David really liked the meats, I found them a bit dry but he tried mine and thinks I was unlucky as he was better.

Clam chowder

Desserts included a s’mores tart, red velvet cake, chocolate caramel brownie and a layered Rabbit themed dessert. There was also an ice cream machine.

I had a glass of sparkling wine, David had an IPA.

Overall the food was decent but not amazing. The desserts looked lovely, but none of them tasted as good as they looked for me. However I am glad we did it as we really enjoyed the characters. We had most of our food before we saw any characters, then had quite a wait for Tigger meaning the whole meal took longer than I expected. Tigger was a little rushed, but the others had more time
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List