View Single Post
Old 19 Sep 19, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by martyn321 View Post
Get rid of he box and reciept and whos to say you didnt own it before you went out there. I doubt they are going to look into it that much, epecially if the phones in your pocket / hand bag on return.

This is not good advice. The onus is on the person travelling not UKBF to prove it wasnt bought overseas and the serial numbers can be checked with apple to show where it was sold. If you want to bring something in over the limit you can declare it and pay the customs charges. You may get lucky and not get stopped but you may also get stopped and face it being seized or you being fined or both. In extreme cases its actually a criminal offence. Being knowingly involved in the fraudulent evasion of duty.

You have absolutely no way of knowing which flights customs are focusing on and no idea what intelligence will lead them to. I can confirm that no flight route has a blanket ban on being examined so you take the risk.

You cannot pool allowances so its £390 per person and that will be anything you have bought and intend to bring back in. Am not sure how much of a saving you would be making in any event.

An yes I may well be a Debbie Downer on this but I sit at the other end of the process now and have seen, and continue to see, the outcomes.

Mr Tom I brought back tinfoil too until I discovered Costco stuff which is as good if not better!
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List