Link to this Post
AndyJ
Imagineer

AndyJ's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 16
Some Castle Club Information:

The Castle Club, as these 60 rooms are known, actually sit over the top of the ticket offices and turnstiles. The service you get is really fantastic.

When you arrive, you let the desk know you are a castle club visitor, and all your luggage is snatched off of you and your personal room manager takes you to the lounge to discuss your stay.

Forms are filled in, requirements ascertained and meals booked. You are given an electronic key card that opens up doors and elevators to private bars, lounges, pools and health clubs. It also acts as a charge card so you don’t have to worry about that money stuff. Probably a good thing, as I will come to.

The room is checked out by your personal manager prior to you being let in. They vouch for its cleanliness and tidiness.

The minibar is another example of money sucking hell. There is a glass window along the bottom of it, and it shows a row of chocolate bars carefully placed within the gaze of short visitors, and each of these choccy bars is 2 pounds 80 pence. A quarter bottle of champagne is 21 pounds. Etc.

In fact, everything is expensive. Much more so than Florida. The average cocktail is 8 pounds, a glass of coke 3 pounds, and even the non alcoholic cocktails are 6-7 pounds.

I am tapping this into my laptop at the Fantasia bar, themed after said movie. I`m gazing out over the Disney Village at the 2 dozen people that are milling about in it. Its really nice and quiet here today. I wonder what the weekend will bring. Probably because its damn cold. To those that know me well, to hear that Im wearing a shirt and a T Shirt inside and still only feeling comfortable will give you an idea of the ambient temperature.

Between taking pictures earlier, I had to put my hands in my pocket to warm them.
AndyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List