View Single Post
Old 19 May 19, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Young Pooh
Apprentice Imagineer

9 weeks to go!

Time seems to be flying by so I thought I would give a quick update.

Since my last post I have been in touch with the travel insurance - we have an annual policy with our Halifax bank account - and updated Evie's pre-existing conditions. I have no idea how this works as some years we have an additional premium to pay and some we don't. Luckily this year, there is nothing extra to pay

The cruise is all paid for, including gratuities. We have also paid for drink packages for us (alcoholic for myself and Bill, and non-alcoholic for Evie) and a 3 night speciality dining package. I have also relented and bought a 1 device wifi package. I had originally said no wifi for the cruise but I really don't think Evie would manage the week without her Ipad! It also means that I will be able to keep up with my trip report on board rather than trying to get it all done afterwards.

I have also been able to check in for the cruise and print our setsail passes, reserve shows on the cruise and also our dining times. I can't reserve the speciality restaurants until we get onboard.

I also had a bit of a sort out of holiday clothes yesterday. Bill bought a new suit and a couple of new formal shirts for the cruise last month. Evie and I have been buying various outfits for the cruise over the last few months, and when I checked yesterday, we now have enough We have loads of more casual stuff so probably don't need anymore - maybe a few more t shirts/tops to go with new shorts but that's about it.

I still need to call VA to sort out wheelchair assistance for Evie. It is half-term the week after next so I'm leaving that job until then. Another job for half-term week is sitting down and sorting out our itinerary and doing a proper update on here.

So that's it for now, but keep your eyes peeled for a proper update soon.

Young Pooh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List