View Single Post
Old 21 Jul 19, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Young Pooh
Apprentice Imagineer

One sleep to go

The last couple of months have been manic at work so I haven't had the time to do an update on here. Everything has been paid, setsail passes printed for the cruise, Alamo online check in done, travel insurance sorted, dollars sorted, Premier Inn check in done special assistance sorted with both Virgin and Delta and all paperwork sorted and out in a nice folder for the trip!

Evie and I finished school on Friday and Bill finished work as well. It is unusual for us to go away this early in the school holidays. Usually we go later and I have a couple of weeks to get sorted and end up packing by myself whilst Bill is at work so it has been a bit of a strange weekend.

We were up early (as usual) yesterday as I had an appointment for my nails doing at 8.45am. We then went to the hairdressers for mine and Evie's holiday haircuts, had lunch out and then went to sort out Evie's school uniform. She goes to a special school about 40 minutes from home and the uniform is only available at a shop near the school. Luckily she doesn't have to have specific items so I had already got her trousers and polo shirts from George. We ended up getting some logo cardigans and polos shirts so she is all sorted now.

After that, we went to see my Mum and Dad. We hadn't seen them for a week as they had been away and only got back Friday evening. Plus they would be away again we get back so this was our only chance to see them. After that we went home and chilled, catching up with stuff we had recorded on Sky.

Today was packing day. We had already sorted out the clothes last week so they just needed packing. I did this on and off all day, in between getting the last bits of washing and ironing done and the house tidied up. Bill sorted out chargers etc and did a bit of cleaning.

We have had Dominoes pizza for tea and just watched Killing Eve from last night. I am quickly updating this and then heading off for an early night.

I am hoping to do a live report as if I leave it until we get home, it will never happen. So, hopefully see you tomorrow with our Pre-Travel Day

Young Pooh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List