View Single Post
Old 20 Feb 07, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post

We stayed in October last year and I have put my review on this site too.

I agree with the other Dibbers who say that it is basic and clean. However, I would not want to stay there again personally.

The hotel itself is getting old and dated. It was as clean as it could be, but reminded me of a holiday camp in the 70's - lots of blocks and concrete. We stayed in a room in the 2 storey block - our friends stayed on the ground floor of the 5 storey block. One thing I would say for all rooms is that they are approached via an outside walkway, i.e. no inner corridoors. Therefore, you could get a ground floor room that has parking bays right outside the door - like our friends had. Headlights shining in and doors slamming during the night, could be a distraction. Because your door and window are in view of everyone, you do see people passing by and peering in, (during the day) and unless you change in the small bathroom, you will have to keep the curtains closed whilst getting dressed or other things

On a positive note, I would say the location is brilliant, security good and the pools were lovely and warm. However, for the same budget I think you could do better. We stayed at the Fairfield Inn & Suites, Canada Avenue (about 1 mile from QII) just 1 block off I-drive and it was much nicer for around the same price - plus you did get a complimentary confitental breakfast too.

I know there are some folks who love the QII and return regularly, but for my money, I would do a bit of digging around for something more up-to-date.

Happy Planning
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List