View Single Post
Old 25 Jul 10, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
TrueBlue
Imagineer

TrueBlue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Again we stayed here for about another half hour or so then back in the car to see what the rest of our journey would bring.

After another half hour driving we were heading to one of the highlights of journey... the dark and mysterious Glencoe. Although it wasn't too dark or mysterious today as it was glorious sunshine. In the winter you'd think it was a totally different place though. We found another parking spot and pulled in.

There must have been at least another 200 tourists doing the same, the car park was full and everyone had their camera's out snapping away.

I could have honestly sat here all day surrounded by these glorious mountains. I really didn't want to get back in the car but we had another few stops planned so we had to get moving

Next up we came to Fort William. We didn't stop here but continued on to our next stop which was just 7 miles north of Fort William... Aonach Mor!

I had been so looking forward to this but was also very nervous as we were heading up the mountain on the Gondolas (cable cars). I'm not very good at heights but was determined to get up there. I knew the view from the top was going to be superb (mainly because i'd read Purple Myra's trip report on it before)

Continued...
TrueBlue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List