View Single Post
Old 25 Jul 10, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
TrueBlue
Imagineer

TrueBlue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We made a dinning reservation for 7pm, the menu looked really good so we were all looking forward to some decent food.

We got changed and freshened up then headed for the restaurant. The food was superb! I had Prawn cocktail followed by chicken with seasoned veg and finished off with passion fruit cheesecake. DH had Mushroom soup, salmon with seasoned veg and I can't remember what he had for dessert. The boys a selection of food from the buffet.

About 8.30pm we went for a drive up towards Cairn Gorm mountain range. Again the view and the scenery was outstanding

This was to be the only time we were to go up here, even though it was so close to our hotel. They were closing the road up towards the mountain at 9am the next morning as it was going to be used for the Soapbox races. I'd never heard of this before but the hotel explained it to us and it sounded like lots of fun.

On the way back towards our hotel we stopped off at yet another wee loch. This was within walking distance of our hotel and it had a great picnic area

Here is some pics of the hotel grounds. There's loads for kids and adults to do at the hotel including an indoor swimming pool with slide (also heated)

We got back to the hotel about 10pm. We (I) was exhausted but it was a brilliant day. Tomorrow we are heading a wee bit further north (but only 7 miles) to a place called Carrbridge which has a really cool adverture park called Landmark landmarkpark/

We watched a bit of tv (big brother to be exact) then crashed out in our beds

Continued...
TrueBlue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List