View Single Post
Old 1 Dec 17, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I couldn't believe it when the trip report I stumbled on to "lose myself in" was yours. And how do you begin? With a lovely ellipsis...but where are all the emojis? I think you have forgotten? I'm trying to resist the urge to use them all. Oh what the heck : ):blus h: I think they are some of your favorites.

Now, my 2nd form Latin teacher would be turning in her grave that I had to look up in media res. As usual I am learning something in your trip reports and we haven't even really begun yet.

More Boston and more baseball, it looks like you had a blast.

Hurrah, it's the weather channel, wow, that is hot. Poot got a great photo of the eclipse, but that looks like a horrid bite.

Hmm, Buffalo 2024, I'll note it in my diary.

I like your relaxing pre travel days before the cruise, I'll have to make a note of that for our next holiday, a round trip for several hundred miles on the eurostar with a bunch of hospital tests thrown in for good measure. Oh April, at least it was good news.

I'm looking forward to the actual cruise highs and lows, whenever they appear.
I am rather proud of my minimal (ahem) use of emojis in this post. They felt less necessary to me this time, because it feels like I am writing for a specific audience - the ladies I have come to know through our trippies. And when I was writing, it felt like you (all) would pick up my tone and intention without all the...wee faces.

That was just ONE of Poot's bites. I've never seen so many mosquitos out at midday before - I felt foolish for not packing bug spray - but I just didn't know! According to the Mayo Clinic website, people (like Poot) who grow up where there are few mosquitos are way more likely to have significant reactions to the bites. It was really weird - the swellings (is THAT a word?) felt like cricket balls under his skin.

And yes - we did have a blast. We love R.C. - and miss him when he's not with us...but a lot of the things we both like (yomps in the sweltering heat, baseball, butter-sculpting) - he only tolerates. One of the good things about Poot getting older - he can understand that Dad would sooner listen to Fran Drescher read out "Tolley on Torts" than go to a football game.

Oh, and we do Latin every afternoon at 2:00. Perhaps you can participate via Skype.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List