View Single Post
Old 26 Mar 13, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Kara
Proud to wear my Ears

Evening all,

So last weekend we ordered Teigan's dress, they have said it could take up to 16 weeks to arrive, so now to just wait until we get the call.

Save the Dates

A few months ago, as soon as we had got our date confirmed me ordered and sent off our Save the Dates.
Here they are:

Invites

As we are now under 5 months away I have designed them myself but took inspiration from a few I saw on Etsy, heres what they look like:

Heres the inspiration:

I have designed two types one for the actual wedding and one for our UK reception, the only differences are the date in the box and the wording. I am aiming to print them all out at home to cut costs but I have come across some printer technical difficulties.

We aren't too sure when we are going to send these out yet probably April/May time.

UK Reception

As mentioned above we have also booked the venue for our UK reception on 28th September, 2 weeks after we get back from Honeymoon, we have booked it at a local hotel (Aubrey Park for anyone around Hemel) which includes buffet and DJ. We are also going to do a candy buffet which will feature a few american sweets

Jewellery

This is an area that next to no thought has gone into really, however I saw this on one of Randy Chapman's photos and love it, I just have no idea how to find one.

We are planning to get our rings custom made as Larne doesn't really like any we've seen in shops so far but this is as far as we have got with rings.

Suit Ideas

As we are getting married in August I am very conscious about the weather and how hot it is going to be for the men, and when looking recently I have seen loads of photos of 'informal' grooms, I love this look and think its much more Larne like than a normal suit. Heres an idea of the sort of thing we are thinking of, as yet however Larne is still to go suit shopping, so will update you once he has been.

Dinner on the Wedding Day

We have now also booked Schula's for our meal, we have booked a private room and have altered the menu slightly to accomodate our guests better and have removed the dessert from the meal, as we will be going to our DP and didn't want to waste food. We are just waiting for our Event Order to come over and organise timings.

Thats all for now but our next main things to do are sort out an officiant, complete our planning worksheets and send them back to DFTW, start to book accommodation for the other stops on our trip.
Kara is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List