View Single Post
Old 15 May 19, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

From what I’ve read on both Cape Coral and Anna Maria Island Facebook pages is that the Red Tide isn’t back yet but there have been sightings of the Blue Algae in the Caloosahatchee River which leads directly to the Gulf which in turn mixes with the naturally occurring Red Tide and makes things MUCH worse. This is very simplified, I’m sure someone can come along to explain better.
OP we were on AMI last year and whilst it wasn’t terrible it did impact on our plans so as your husband has health problems on top I don’t think I could risk it. The chances are it won’t be as bad as last year, we certainly didn’t see any in 2017 so it doesn’t happen every year but like you say you could find somewhere last minute if the forecast is good. Summer is off peak on the island and there are plenty of places to choose from. With it being so bad last year sadly I think it’s put quite a few people off risking booking anything. More last minute bookings will be the norm I’m sure.
It’s such a shame as it’s literally my favourite place in the World

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List