View Single Post
Old 12 Oct 19, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
DUNXandWILL
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by jdndt View Post
My 9 year old ds is autistic too. Boys have also called him weird at school - but it hurt him more from who he thought was his friend. He now has no friends (been like that for about 2 years). I'm not sure how to progress with my own child on the friendship front so I'm of no help.

In regards to your son - I'm sure at 7 years old the boys were just asking him an innocent question, he seemed to take it in good cheer but with all the other things going on with your daughter you probably feel very sensitive to your childrens well being at the moment.

I hope next week is better for you and your daughter.
Aww bless your DS I know what you mean about it hurting more coming from someone they classed as a friend, makes it more difficult for them to process as our kids would not do this to someone they class as a friend.

You're probably right, I was oversensitive and reactionary with my statement, I'll have to keep my tongue in check next time 😝😜

I've picked my DS from the party, he had a great time and is totally oblivious to my over reaction 🙂

I truly hope things get better for your son ❤️

Thanks for your thoughts and your taking time to respond.

Dunx 😎

DUNXandWILL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List