View Single Post
Old 11 Feb 13, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
princessjilly
Imagineer

Straight away after getting back for Paris we (or should I say I ) started hthe hunt for a venue. My dream venue was a place called Kirknewton Stables which had a long barn, and a huge outdoor area which would allow me to have the garden party / festival themed wedding that we were after. However, at 3.5k for JUST the venue alone, without food etc, it was way out of our budget.

I knew i didnt want a hotel or fancy castle where we were required to take a package, when although these can work out good value for some people, they mostly were a package including this that and the other, when half of the stuff i woukd have preferred to DIY. The polished and elegant decor also wouldn't really fit with what we wanted.

I hunted around for places that were more flexible in terms of what they offered, and would be a blank canvas to decorate as we pleased. I viewed one place, liked another that didn't have our dates, and was coming up blank for any other ideas when I finally came across Three Sisters Bake.

As soon as I found their website I just knew this was the place for us we viewed it the following Sunday and booked it on the spot - we set our date for 5th July 2014

From the outside

Set up for ceremony

The cafe where will will hold our drinks reception (private use obviously)

Set up for reception - think we will have bunting rather than the lanterns (like in the ceremony pic) and we'll also have round tables and a long top table at the front

As its a bakery, we intend to have a cake table from them so I also borrowed this from their website... Yum!

Disney Cast Member... Rose And Crown 27th March 2007 - March 2008
Sleepy Hollow 10th September - 10th November 2006

Trippie June 2024
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1271499
princessjilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List