View Single Post
Old 3 Jul 19, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
I’m on board the Azura at the moment to the Fjords.
Most of the crew are Indian, Philippine, or other Asia Pacific countries. The entertainment team are British as are the Captain and very senior crew.
I haven’t noticed many issues with things being too British, yes the headline entertainment acts are British, as are the duo’s/bands playing round the ship, but it hasn’t been thrown in my face.
I haven’t been to sailaway parties etc though, preferring to watch from the Planet bar on the 18th floor on the back of the ship. There has been no flag waving, oggy oggy oy oy behaviour that I have seen.
I did notice on embarkation day that a lot of British men were going to the nicer bars asking for pints of draft lager. When they only had bottles they were stomping off. For me if you like a drink, get the drinks package then you aren’t hunting best value, you do both have to like a drink though as you both need it. I worked out I was spending £15 a day on coffee and bottled water and the odd tea or soft drink, so I only needed 4 cocktails a day to make it pay, and the ports are small you are on board a fair bit. Helped with my budgeting too so I didn’t regret it.

The good news is that after that first day those nicer bars had none of that clientele in. I have to say though, everyone I saw dressed up for formal nights etc.

I didn’t eat at the buffet except a very starving lunch on the first day though; but I did drink in the pub Brodie’s a bit, watch the football etc and it didn’t really bother me. Most people I met were friendly and kind, it was an older crowd overall though.

I am half way through writing a trippie if that helps.

I have had the odd issue; and normally I’m pretty easy to please, but I can’t say they have been nationality based. Any specific questions please shout.
Thank you very much mitch84 for your post it has put my mind at ease.