View Single Post
Old 2 Nov 12, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
lindyT
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by exiled View Post
After our 3rd visit to DLP we have decided enough is enough. Miserable, rude staff, areas of the park looking run down and shabby and the fact that they allow too many into the parks leading to huge queues have made it a very average experience.
Rides breaking down, people smoking everywhere, queue jumping, awful overpriced food...I could go on.
I've never seen so many stressed out families arguing with each other. It's supposed to be a happy time.
They built this park in the wrong country, the French simply have no idea how to pull off the Disney experience.
It's Florida or California for us from now on, better value and a much better holiday.
I too agree! It isn't just making a comparison with WDW,the fact is (IMO)the parks and hotels leave much to be desired with the running and maintenance! On our last visit (4 years ago now,and against better judgement!) we had the very worst encounter.We -DH,DD,SIL,3 DGD-were walking back to our hotel-Disneyland-and without warning the managment decided to CLOSE Main Street! The very inept CM's were directing! guests to the left of Main Street and eventually through the corridor of quick service cafe's.Anyone who has visited will be able to recall that the aisles are narrow,and obviously full of tables and chairs with people sitting at them!Then imagine HUNDREDS of guests trying to get through,trying to to keep your little ones safe,and the very disgruntled patrons of the food outlets being harassed with the crowds trying to get past!It really was VERY SCARY and the staff were OBLIVIOUS.My SIL/and DH had to pick up our DG's as it was clear that they were not safe at just above knee height! We then had no other option than to be "carried" along with the crowds!We complained bitterly at the resort,who really were not interested. The fact that Main Street was closed was not the problem,the problem was that the staff and management were not equipped to make decisions of this magnitude and keep guest safety paramount in their minds! Sorry to those of you who enjoy DLP,but for our family NEVER AGAIN.
lindyT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List