View Single Post
Old 2 Nov 12, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 6
Guidebook Photos: 135
I've clearly been lucky as I've not experienced any of the above on my visits. But then again I don't go when it's busy, I accept DLP is not WDW, and that it's in France aimed at europeans.

Of course it's difficult not to compare it to WDW but DLP has a completely different audience and it suits those on mainland europe a little more than it does us.

Staff we didn't find rude, just your standard, they don't fawn over you like their wdw counterparts and I think in some respects I'm more comfortable with that.

Smoking I doubt it very rarely mentioned by visitors from france, spain, italy etc. It's the norm over there, in fact we found that in DLP there was a lot LESS smoking than we expected, travel into paris for the day and you'll experience it on a much larger scale.

Food is expensive, but then you're a captive audience and uk themeparks and WDW are no different in that respect. We just notice it a little less in WDW because the exchange rate is better. A little research and you'll find some reasonable meal deals available in the parks, some of which you can share to save even more.

So although a except that som major 'on offs' are likely to put some individuals off for ever, and I'm sorry for that. I don't think it's right to generalise just because it's not done the way us brits like it

Nov 16-Shanghai & Japan - In Progress
Nov 15-Hong Kong & Singapore - Coming Soon!
June 15-Rome & Florence
Dec 14-WDW | 13-WDW | 12-DLP | 12-NY&DC | 11-West Coast | 10-DLP | 09-WDW
Hannikins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List