View Single Post
Old 4 Apr 19, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Gunna
Apprentice Imagineer

Few emails back and forth with our tour company and we’ve had our tour and itinerary confirmed.

I’ve paid my deposit across though international transfer and it’s been received fine and passed the details over for our Visa. Our tour company are sorting the Visa for us and have emailed to advise they will be there to meet us off the flight and take us through immigration and straight to the the hotel, which will be good after arriving just before 10pm on our first night. As mentioned above the itinerary is

Day 1

After arrival on the evening it’s straight to the hotel and our first night in Amman. We’ll see how tired we are but may pop out for some food before bed.

Day 2

After breakfast it’s off to Jerash.

These are some amazing Roman ruins and we are really looking forward to visiting here. We’ve got a guide supplied for two hours which will be good to show us all the sights

Then it’s Ajloun castle

Lots of history here too and we’ll have time to explore. Then our final stop of the day Umm Qais.

From this place you can see the Golan Heights and Sea of Galilee which I’ll be really interested to see. Then it’s back to Amman for overnight.

Day 2

Morning exploring Amman with visits to the Citadel and Roman Ampitheatre

We also get chance to explore the downtown area and do some shopping before we leave Amman for the drive to Petra. It’s about 3 hours but we should arrive in time to check in and then visit Petra by night

We visit Petra the next day for a tour but couldn’t really miss a cheeky visit when we arrived especially the chance to see it lit up at night

Day 3

Full day in Petra with a guide provided in the morning to tell us more about the history of the place. As well as this well known sight of the Treasury.

We’ll be exploring this massive sight and all there is to see. Think we may still struggle to see it all in a day but we’ll try.

We spend tonight in Petra before we leave tomorrow morning.

Day 4

We leave after breakfast to explore some more of the biblical sights

Madaba with its mosaics

Mount Nebo where Moses looked out over the Promised Land

The Baptism site where John the Baptist was said to of baptised Jesus

And our final stop is the Dead Sea. Our hotel is right on the beach so we’ll end the day chilling like this all being well.

Then it’s our final night unfortunately

Day 5

Early start as our flight home is 8am so no more time to explore but I’m sure it will be an amazing trip and we’ll want to come back

I’ll post some more updates as other things get sorted but to say I’m looking forward to it a bit of an understatement.

Edited at 12:21 PM.
Gunna is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List