View Single Post
Old 11 Oct 19, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile On line food shopping - delivery

Does anyone do online food shopping?

Does yours come in bags? If not how do you unload?
We have been having our shopping delivered for years but I’m rarely in when it’s delivered. Today I finished work early and was here for the delivery and nothing was in bags - apparently everything is bagless now. No one told me 🙄.
But it took FOREVER for me to unload nearly £200 shopping one by one! The guy just stood there and I said it must really be impacting on their deliveries because of how time consuming it was and he said people usually have a big bag ready - I don’t know how that would make a difference as the items would still have to be unloaded.
I’m all in favour of saving the planet and recycling and bagless etc but it took ages, I was quickly throwing everything out of the trays onto my living room floor and also the thing that bugged me was everything was just piled onto each other so he had dumped a pack of cans onto my bread and it was flat as a pancake. But anyone who does it - what do you do? Do you have a bag ready? And if so how does that work? Do you just quickly swap it to the bags? He also said he could’ve carried it into the kitchen for me but I think that would have felt even more awkward me just frantically unloading there in my kitchen with a stranger stood there.
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List