View Single Post
Old 22 Jul 16, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Travel Day: United Airlines in flight meal

We have flown to NY with United once before and I remember the food being OK so didn't take many snacks for the plane.

Andy chose the pasta dish.

It was weird, thick & rubbery. The filling inside what I think was cannelloni was all separated and looked a bit like scrambled egg.

I had this.

Andy ideas? No, me either! I think it was chicken in some curry sauce... with potatoes. All I remember was that the chicken had a really odd wet texture.

Look how watery it is at the top.

Both dishes got served with what I think is like a Barley salad & bread roll.

The salad was bland. At least the bread roll was edible

I will admit that dessert was rather nice though which is good as we were pretty hungry by this stage.

Rich chocolate ice cream with hidden truffle pockets.

They gave out cute little bottles of water too.

Later into the flight we were given cheese & crackers.

The cheese was a spreadable type.

As you will notice from the above, this was kind of separated as well. It had no taste and a horrible wet texture. Another loser.

The only thing that cheered me up was the amazing clear views we had - I think Andy told me it was over Canada.

The last "food" were were given was a warm turkey sandwich.

looks promising...

Ew no! really processed meat and cheese. The spread wasn't nice either. It was actually pretty disgusting and makes me feel sick thinking about it now.

I only took one bite and chucked it.

So over all it was pretty awful! At least we would be hungry for a proper tea later on.

Edited at 01:23 PM.
MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List