View Single Post
Old 17 Feb 17, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jokeybhoy View Post
Do you mind sharing the ones they told you to ditch and which ones they recommended
I don't think think I should! It wouldn't be fair.

I must add that weren't rude about any of the places just said they didn't rate them.

We'd been chatting throughout our meal about food and where we were from etc and restaurants they wanted to try in the UK. Then they asked what else we had lined up and I asked if they were good choices or not really.
They advised accordingly.

The one we didn't take their advice on was actually our worst restaurant meal.
They didn't say it would be horrible. I really must stress that. They weren't remotely unprofessional they were just giving an honest opinion on what they thought we'd like and also which days certain chefs would be there.
They just said ditch or keep to each choice!

DS still says now
'should have gone back to Jiko!'

*Having said that, we plan to have 10 days onsite next year and if DDP is offered we're considering upgrading to deluxe DDP.
I realise that sounds bonkers because it's more food than we can eat but, it means we can have a signature meal each night or brunch one Sunday maybe, without paying for appetisers and still have credits for a counter service meal or try for a walk up table service meal as and when we're hungry.
I don't want to get involved with lunchtime bookings as they screw the day up for us a bit. But we were sometimes hungry during the day last year but couldn't always find QS that took our fancy in the parks.

OH particularly likes being onsite so it makes sense to eat onsite for that part of the holiday. DS on the other hand says he's not doing Dining plan again so I may have my work cut out convincing him!

We had standard DDP so only had 4 signatures (one of which we paid for) and Tokyo Dining.
With deluxe DDP there wouldn't be any juggling and the difference in price seems to be less than paying for and extra 5 signatures and still having flexibility throughout the day.
I might need to research a bit more!

We will then have a week offsite too.

Best of both worlds?
Sorry for the ramble but I guess I'm just agreeing that if you're onsite, your likely to eat there but that does mean you miss some great food!

Edited at 01:45 PM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List