Old 20 Nov 17, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiebun3
Apprentice Imagineer

rosiebun3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Can we do Disney on $50 day for 2? Nov 2017 *Completed*

This was a budget trip booked in May 2017 as Virgin holidays had offers in their sale we couldn’t refuse.
The focus of the trip was on keeping the spends low; as we already have a 15 night stay booked for Septmber 2018 and our youngest DS was due to start Uni in September and we were not sure how much financial support we would need to provide. I posted on the Dibb to discuss our proposed spends and most people agreed we would not be able to do this on our budget of $50 per day for food for 2. We were staying for 7 nights at All Star Music without the dining plan.
This report shows how we managed and if $50 a day is possible.

This is not fine dining, mostly quick service and no alcohol

I have also added information about each day including where we went and scored food out of ten. The score indicates what we thought of the food, anything over 7/10 we would eat again. This is our 4th visit to Disney world and our first on site without the dining plan. Our previous experiences helped in knowing what food was available. We took variety pack cereals, cereal bars and a few funsize bars of chocolate left from Halloween.

2/11/2017 VS15 flying at 13.00 Gatwick

We had breakfast at Jamies before the flight. I enjoyed sausage in a brioche bun £4.95 8/10 and DH the half monty £7.95 7/10 and 2 teas £4.70

Virgin flight food , passes the time no pictures sorry

Arrived to a busy immigration hall and by the time we were at All Star Music we were too tired to eat. Purchased our refillable mugs and a 4 pint of skimmed milk and went to bed. $44.80

Edited at 09:31 AM.
rosiebun3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List