Link to this Post
JamelUK
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Who are we?

Hi!

I’m James (JamelUK).
Friendly, yet occasionally impulsive IT Geek.
Competitive by nature.
Adrenalin Junkie.
Fascinated by the physics, engineering, technicalities and psychology of roller coasters, thrill rides & theme parks.
Currently unemployed – CV available on request
I was born the same year WDW opened, meaning that I am not yet 40.

This is DW Melanie (Melanie R)

She’s celebrating her 40th birthday this year
She is very important and does clever things with numbers & invoices for the NHS
She has members of staff who have mother’s younger than her.
She is very beautiful and I love her enormously.
Her date of birth is 31st Jul 1969, in case you can't believe she looks 40.
Id post a copy of her passport photo to verify, but Im sure that would break some sort of law. Or security rule.
Or my camera.

It’s a match made of Pixie Dust – we are both Disney fanatics.

Our first holiday together as a couple was to Disneyland Paris.
Back in the days when I didn’t have this gold reminder around my finger, but did have my own bank account as well as my own money, I whisked Mel off for a wonderful weekend to celebrate her 30th birthday.
We had a fabulous time, and have been again many times since. Our latest trip was as recently as September.
You can read that trippie here.

So it was a guaranteed certainty that, when I decided to ensnare my gorgeous girlfriend for life, there would be only one destination choice for our honeymoon – Walt Disney World, Orlando.

We planned to do everything we could, as this would probably be a special, once in a lifetime trip. We told ourselves that its too expensive to do Orlando as a regular thing.

That was back in November 2004. We did have a brilliant time, and have many wonderful memories of that trip.
The problem is though, some of those memories are quite vivid, and quite powerful.

Within hours of returning to the colder climate of the UK I kept hearing this tune in my head...

"It's A Small World After All
When You Hear This You'll Have To Call
Come Back Near Christmas And Have A Ball
Here At Walt Disney World"

I still hear it now. It is often accompanied by images of dolls head rotating on the end of a Black & Decker, all laughing manically “Nyahaahaahaaa! ”

We simply cannot resist the hypnotic suggestion, and have been back for our wedding anniversary every year since. Whenever I wash the pots, I’m convinced the Mickey & Minnie mugs we have on our kitchen windowsill look at me with that "We're expecting you..." look.

Edited at 10:53 PM.
JamelUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List