Thread: Prelude
View Single Post
Old 26 Nov 09, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
JamelUK
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
So this will be our 5th trip back home, to collect our anniversary badges.
When you think about it, they're probably the most expensive pins in our collection!

We booked this one in the Christmas/January sales within a week of getting back!

Our last flight back to Manchester on Virgin was awful. Poor service, noisy flight, hell.
On reflection it probably wasn’t that bad, and a lot had to do with VA cancelling an earlier London flight and squeezing as many of its passengers into the overhead lockers on our flight instead.

Based on a colleague raving about her recent trip, we decided to have a change and originally booked with First Choice. Not the cheapest, but the promised seats on the new ThomsonFly aircraft looked very appealing.
Some weeks later we had a letter through the post – “We’ve cancelled your flight. Please call us to discuss.”

The Customer Experience we received during that “discussion” gave me enough material to fill several more pages of ramble. Oh. My. God.

Long Story Short – their alternative was to book us on a Virgin FLIGHT for several hundred £ more than we had seen quoted for a Virgin HOLIDAY on the VH website that morning!

We cancelled, eventually got a full refund and scratched our heads.

Then I discovered Travel City Direct.
Cheap. Available. Click. Booked. Done.
Saving us near £800 from our original FC quote!

However, this is not a They’re-Better-Than-Them post, so back to our pre trippie...

Although our 5th trip, we are both very much looking forward to this visit to the Mouse House, for a couple of reasons...