florida2010's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 177
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by cinderslg View Post
Hi Im just wondering if any of these sites provide transport to the parks.We would most likely hire a car but it might be nice to to relax and get dropped of and collected after a long day. I would particularly be interested in sites which you can rent tents or cabins we would be flying so not bring our own things.
You'll find you can stay in holiday homes at most of the campsites around the DLP area but I'm not aware of any sites doing transport to and from DLP. A lot of people stay specifically to do Disney but they really don't have the volume of guests to make such transport profitable. The whole point of camping isn't about cost reduction its about independence so you'll always find the majority of people have their own transport and equipment ranging from caravans to campervans to very large tents (like us).

It's important not to confuse camping with doing Disney on the cheap because often it isn't - we have equipment that costs thousands and we travel in our own transport because we want to use our own tent and equipment - the driving and full diy independence is all part of the experience.

Personally if you want to fly and you add in the cost of a cabin and a hire car then you would probably find its the same price to stay onsite once you've totalled up the cost.

Both caravaning-4vents and Les Etangs Fleuris have some lovely holiday cabins but you will need to have your own transport to make the most of these locations. It would be unrealistic to try and get back from the parks late at night otherwise. The only way I could think of doing this would be by taxi which I'm sure would cost you far too much.

The real thing about combining camping and DLP is the convenience of being able to get away from it all and relax in the French countryside as well as enjoying the fun and bustle of Disney. If you were to see the single track road that you need to go down to get to either Les Etangs Fleuris or Caravaning-4vents I'd be amazed if a bus could actually get down these roads.

That said I would strongly recommend giving it a go but you need to plan. If you've not camped before - maybe try it out first here in the UK before going to France.

We've been camping here in the UK for at least ten years before we ventured abroad with our full kit.
| First Disney Cruise & Beach Club August 2015 | Cane Island July 2016 & Dream Cruise

Edited at 08:28 PM.
florida2010 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List