View Single Post
Old 14 Jun 16, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
ljbojangles
Imagineer

ljbojangles's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We had lunch in a lovely little cafe in town - I dont have any photos but we had chicken pancakes. My first ever savoury pancake! it was quite nice - followed by cake

We had planned to eat in a lovely pancake house that does amazing pancakes with all sorts of toppings and is generally delicious but it was closed

So once we had finished we strolled over to the information centre to wait for our transport to arrive for husky sledding. While we waited I took a little walk and took more photos...

The mini bus arrived and off we went... it was about a 20 minute drive with gorgeous scenery all around. Time flies in Lapland!

We were shown around the husky farm and met some of the dogs, and also some reindeer I got to feed the reindeer as well which always makes me happy. The staff were so friendly and knowledgeable. It was really cold today so we didnt stand around too long - I was designated driver and Adam sat in comfort on the sled. So he was chief photo taker/videographer!
Here we are about to set off...

and we are off...

It was gorgeous! and cold! lol. Adam's fingers were freezing so this is the only photo he took - but he got a good video on the go pro

We got back to the farm and went into a little hut to warm up by the fire, we were given hot drinks and also sausages to roast over the fire if we wanted.

I then went outside to take some more photos and also spend a bit of time with the dogs.

all the dogs were gorgeous - but this guy was our favourite. He is a wolf hybrid! and as you can see a bit aloof but beautiful!

And so our afternoon of doggy fun came to an end... it was getting dark now and it was time to get back to Levi so we could be picked up for our next activity! Winter Laser World!

We waited at Zero Point and had a hot chocolate and cake... (for a change!)
We were picked up bang on time and the owners were the lovliest people you could choose to meet. They were so friendly and chatty.

It was about a 20 minute drive again into the wilderness - they introduced us to the other people playing who were all french so they had to give instructions in both English and French, even though they are Finnish! I am always in awe of peoples language skills!

We split into boys v girls and the games began! In the end boys won overall - boo! but I dont think I have ever had more fun or been so sweaty in -25 degrees! If you are going to Levi this has to be a must do! it was so much fun and a highlight of the whole trip. They have different games and all sorts of bunkers, trenches and trees to hide in etc. It was just really good fun. And Steve, Viivi and Shenzi (their dog! ) are wonderful accommodating people. We cant wait to go back next year!

Here are some awesome photos they took for us as well...

We got dropped back to Levi, got a pizza to take away and took it back to our apartment - ate that and pretty much flaked out! it had been a busy, fun filled day and the perfect way to spend our 2nd Wedding Anniversary!
Orlando 1995 - 1998 - 2000 - 2007 - 2009 - 2015
ljbojangles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List