View Single Post
Old 22 Jul 21, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
mikeishere
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by sky13 View Post
I definitely found WDW overwhelming my first couple of trips there as an adult because the parks were so huge and there was so much to do. I went a bit nuts planning and had all these lovely touring plans and grand plans of what I wanted to do.

More recently though, I've become a lot more relaxed with my trip planning. I still book FPs and ADRs, but I'm not crazy obsessive about getting exactly the right timing/rides/ADRs and I'm willing to just go with the flow during the trip. I've intentionally missed FPs because I was in another part of the park (or in another park altogether) and didn't feel like rushing over for the FP. It's nice if I can get FPs for the big rides (like 7DMT or FOP) but if I don't, I'll just ride those rides at rope drop or park close.

I'm only able to do this because I've been very lucky and was able to go every now and again - so once I got comfortable with it as a holiday destination it feels easy to plan out what I want to do, and I am less bothered about trying to do every single thing on a trip (as opposed to my first couple of trips where it was more of a "once in a lifetime" thing).

The smaller Disney resorts are easier to plan - but I find that when I visit them I miss the immersion that I get in WDW. I still enjoy the trip, but it's a completely different feel for me.
I still feel immersed. You can’t see the real world from most places in the smaller resorts just like in WDW apart from say when you’re on the Ferris wheel in California adventure.

Your so lucky to have been so many times that you can relax more I feel it’s all gogogo all the time or I get their and plan rest days etc but just wanna be gogogo all the time as I don’t know when I’ll be back.

Theirs always so many peoples opinions and advice and endless amount of YouTube vids on planning the perfect Orlando holiday it just gets too much.
mikeishere is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List