View Single Post
Old 20 Feb 20, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
sacratini28
Getting Excited

The "Once in a Lifetime" Return Episode 2

Hi,
Just a quick re-cap,After being a regular visitor in the 1990s with our young only child, we had a 15 year period of not travelling ,due to many different reasons, the biggest being our dislike of flying !

Anyway,long story short ,we felt obligated to take a deep breath and planned a "Once in a Lifetime" trip with our young grandson then 6 years old.

We travelled in April of 2018,and documented our trip in "Once in a Lifetime " thread ! This led to another trip in Sept (just myself and the better half ) and the "Once in a lifetime return "with our grandson in March 2019

So now the "Once in a lifetime" trip has turned into a fourth trip which is taking place at the beginning of May !

For anyone who followed/read the first instalments, the major up date to this trip is that from no-where my wife sister and her Husband asked ,"Can we come ?"

They had previously been with us in 1997 with their 3 boys and having heard and been forced to look at endless pics of our recent trips wanted to revisit now they are Child free and see how the place has changed in the 20 odd Years since their last experience !

We had already booked the following

* Virgin Flights from Gatwick to MCO

* Villa/House at the new Solara Resort (5 Days

* Portofino (2 nights)

* Sunset Resort Clearwater (2 Nights )

It therefore resulted in having to book another room at Portofino and change the Clearwater 1 bedroom Suite to two separate rooms at Springhill Suites by Marriot at Clearwater as the Solara property is a 6 bedroom House ( originally for 3 of us ) so loads of capacity.

The only negative is that with our group now 5 strong,I have had to forsake my beloved Mustang and have booked a Ford Explorer instead.

Hey ho,sometimes you have to make sacrifices for the greater good !

So as I write we have,75 days 55 mins and 20 secs ( not that Im counting ) until our flight.

Plans are to go to Hollywood studios to visit the new for us Star Wars land as the Grandson is now a huge Star Wars fan ( we've booked the Droid build ,but are having trouble with booking Savis Workshop for the Lightsaber build ) and spend 3 days at Universal to maximise fast passes and also to get on the new Hagrids Ride.

I will update once we are Stateside !
sacratini28 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List