View Single Post
Old 15 Mar 19, 02:36 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

So you are raising daughters to expect to do the lion's share of housework, by example ? Even if they don't do it now they see a man who believes housework is women's work and a woman who goes along with it. Is that really any better than the women with sons.
Aren't you both perpetuating the same double standard ?
As for men who are clueless with housework, it's a myth. They've just married women who cracked and did it themselves in desperation
No man is incapable of housework anymore than no woman is incapable of changing a wheel or driving a lorry

My husband never lifted a finger at home but once he lived alone he learned because he had to. Our working patterns tend to mean he does more Han me.

A friend of mine was so fed up with her kids and husband doing nothing she doled out washing up and washing rotas, when the plates ran out she served on paper plates, when they moaned they had no clean clothes she just smiled at them. It took about two weeks for them to realise she meant business but it worked ! (She did used to pop around for the odd fortifying glass of wine and pep talk when she felt her resolve crumbling in those 2 weeks mind you ! Lol )

Originally Posted by Universal VR View Post
Yep! But it’s my own fault. I’m so tired of trying (and failing) to get them to help me, I’ve given up asking. My daughters take care of their bedrooms and bathroom and they do their own washing now. The rest of the house is down to me. OH has been pampered by his mother all his life (he didn’t leave home until late 30s) and is clueless. I asked him to hoover at the weekend, he did the rug in the lounge and then had to sit down. I finished the rest. I’m a fool to myself but it’s easier to do it than to keep getting upset over it. I do get a bit annoyed when the women in my team at work do sooo much for their sons, I don’t pass comment but I think “You’re raising more lazy men!”. I thought society was moving past that. OH openly admits that he expects my girls to help me (he’s not their dad) but if I had boys he wouldn’t expect the same.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List