Thread: To DSLR or Not
View Single Post
Old 14 Nov 19, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
I like your comment about gymbal stabilisation. Sure, I have a hero 7 with built in stabilisation but it costs in terms of lost resolution. Obviously with a gymbal you dont lose any resolution but it does make for a slightly more bulky solution

Decisions, decisions!
I got the Ronin SC for 275 quid. Its amazing from what ive seen so far and breaks down small as the grip detaches from the top bit, so I can get it in my rucksack with my other gear. But when I go to the parks I may strap it into the tripod holder on the side of the ricksack. I did some test footage on it last night in the office- wow what a difference.
You could get away with a much smaller and cheaper one depending on your camera. The DJI stuff is amazing quality- what a company that is. I want the Mavic Mini drone.
The other choice for my weight of camera is the Weebil S which is a bit smaller than the Ronin SC but doesn't break down. Its 350+ though cheapest price which made the Ronin SC the best choice for me having a mirrorless. If you have a full SLR is get the Weebill S as it has a higher payload.
I have GoPro 7 black myself and it's excellent. The stabilisation on the new 8 though is even better.

Edited at 09:43 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List