View Single Post
Old 19 Jul 19, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Jennywren
VIP Dibber

Hi,

First I'm so sorry to hear about everything you have been going through and really hope you enjoy your holiday, I'm sure the florida sunshine will help work it's magic.

I'll try to explain my experience of using these systems below.

Disney - just go to guest relations at the first park you visit and they will help you out, All of your party have to go to guest relations with you, and they will all need their tickets/magic bands. You don't need to go into great detail about your medical conditions just explain what you are likely to have difficulty with such as waiting in queues, coping with the heat, needing to rest frequently, or needing to dash to the loo etc and they will give you a DAS pass for you and up to 6 members of your party. This will be electronically added to all your tickets/magic bands.

Then when you get to a ride/show, you need to show the cast member your pass/magic band if the wait time is longer than 30 minutes they will give you a return time. This is the time you can come back and go straight thru the fast pass queue without having to get a fast pass. Essentially you return just before the time you would have waited had you queued up but means you can go and cool down in a shop or have a cuppa somewhere instead of standing in line. If the wait time is under 30 minutes they will usually let you straight through the fast pass line without having to return later.

Universal - offer a similar scheme but in my experience tend to ask a few more questions before they issue their equivalent of the pass which is also not as technical as Disney, usually just a piece of card, on which the rides/shows write your return times down. Otherwise operates the same way. Sometimes they will not issue a Guest Assistance pass for the whole duration of your trip and you will have to go back and get a new pass when the old one expires.

Sea World - I believe offer something similar but crowds have never been a major problem when we have visited in May and October so I haven't bothered to get a pass there.

Don't worry about trying to remember the names of passes at different parks etc just explain to Guest Relations as simply as you can the help you are looking for.

Don't forget if staying off site or travelling off site you can apply to get a temporary Florida Disabled Parking permit to use while you are away. Unfortunately they don't recognise a blue badge. Lots of threads on here about how to apply - it's really easy and the red badge comes through very quickly I wish Social Services here processed things that quickly.

I hope this helps but if you think I can help with anything else or need any more details please feel free to Personal Message me.

Best wishes Jenny
Jennywren is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List