View Single Post
Old 25 Aug 16, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

It was just before 11 now and we headed to Florida Mall as it was about 10 minutes away.

It turned out to be a very quick visit – just into the Apple Store and out again as everyone was more keen to get to the Outlets and to have some lunch

So by 1130 we are arriving at the I Drive outlets and went straight to the Food Court – I seem to have lost my pics

It was blissfully empty – I know we had 5 Guys burger, Sbarro and Subway.
But not sure who had what.
It was a great time to eat though.

A few hours later and it was packed out in there

The teens didn’t really have shopping heads on and just wanted to catch Pokemon so hanging about near Starbucks was their preference.

We had a mooch around and did pick up quite a bit but in the 3 hours we were there, we probably spent 2 of those in the jeffing queue for the tills.

Seriously Tommy Hilfiger and Ralph Lauren were the worst.

It was an ok haul though

More Nikes for Andy

A couple of tops like this for Jamie that we just gave him for his birthday

Connor got some long sleeve Polos in TH kids – like Ralph Lauren they actually go up to age 18 and its much cheaper than the adults store

I think these were $20 or $30 for the pair !

I bought myself a tee and some socks in the Disney store – which was otherwise a bit of a disappointment – the two were $18

Nick bought some stuff in Lacoste but I cant find any pics

I bought the customary trainer socks – these are almost always buy one get on 50% so 12 pairs of socks for $16. That means Connor wont have to wash socks at uni for almost two weeks

We’d had enough by 3.30 and headed back for some time at the pool

I vowed that I would go in the pool each day and try a cocktail each dinner on this part of the holiday.

Nice to set oneself little goals eh !

It was lovely, I started to write up my notes from earlier in the holiday and just lounged around.

It felt as if a storm was coming along – you know how it suddenly gets all gusty – I quite like that part, waiting for it to arrive.

It looked like this as we headed off for Texas RoadHouse

It was busy when we arrive at 7.30 but we had some fun with the peanuts in the waiting area

It was looking good on the steak front

Unfortunately it then took 45 minutes for the food to arrive and the room we were in was absolutely freezing so by the time we were eating at 8.45 we were tired and very cold. Which was a shame as the meal was delicious and the steaks were excellent

They kept plying us with the hot buttery rolls, very nice although I was the only one who liked the sweet butter .

I had a strawberry margarita

It was in a giant fish bowl ... No complaints from me !

Andy had prime rib, after much haggling as he wanted rare and they only had two pieces of medium left ... Still looks pretty rare to me! Had said it was really good

He had mash and fries with gravy

Note the return of the photo bombing finger

Nick just had loaded fries as he wasn't hungry , and we used a free appetiser voucher for these. Although now I see the bill , they didn't take it off !

I had the filet with baked potato and sautéed mushrooms. It was a lovely steak . I found the mushrooms too salty.

Connor had the New York strip with loaded fries

Jamie had a bacon cheeseburger

And the bill... Very reasonable

We had come here as I had seen it in other people’s trippies and we certainly were not disappointed with the food.

It was a shame about the wait, but we noticed that we waited a lot more at quite a few places this time around.

It just meant we were tired and absolutely freezing – I love aircon but it doesn’t have to be at arctic settings . It was too cold !

We had hoped for a round of mini golf but it was raining as we left – every time we said “ mini golf” it would rain from now on – Jamie said we did it on purpose

Back home around 10 for a nightcap , listening to the rain and dealing with the new pile of laundry.

Where does this stuff come from ?

The next day is HERE

Edited at 08:46 PM.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List