View Single Post
Old 15 Dec 17, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Regulars on the this forum will have maybe noticed that I haven't posted for a while.

I suppose the main reason is that we've only been back a few days from a lovely 4 week stay and arrived back last Sunday after a record breaking 7 hour 10 minute flight on BA and then spent 7 hours on the M25 negotiating around 20 odd jack-knifed lorries.

Secondly felt somewhat peeved at having my usual toll plaza photos post deleted a couple of weeks ago without the courtesy of an explanation. But there you go - perhaps reporting that the unmanned exit toll off 417 at j2 has gone up to $1 is considered controversial. I'll maybe never know.

Anyway back to positive "helpful" stuff - I hope. As my DIBB colleagues will know, after hiring cars 30+ times, we were BA/Avis virgins in November.

We arrived on Friday 10 November to find MCO on lockdown after the explosion in the main terminal and had to walk the length of the monorail with cases so were not best pleased when we arrived at the Avis garage kiosk to find a few people ahead of us and only one miserable attendant.

Our "contract" had an estimated "cost" on it even though I showed them my paid invoice fly-drive invoice. The clerk assured me that there would be no charge beyond what we had already paid. I spent 4 weeks hoping that this would be the case.

The car was an OK Mazda 6 but if I wanted to change it I soon had second thoughts as when I looked back at the queue at the kiosk there were about 40 people waiting. After what we'd been through we agreed that we were perfectly happy with the car

The car did have a transponder by the way which we left off as we mainly paid cash. The only time we used Sunpass was when we picked our daughter up at MCO as we wanted to pay the car park with it. That was a complete fail but another story.

Importantly though when we returned the car my invoice showed zero balance.

I'll let you know how much Avis charge for tolls when I get my credit card bill.

Mick

Edited at 02:20 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List