Old 10 Jan 19, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
k4ti3-x
Apprentice Imagineer

k4ti3-x's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Amsterdam Dec 2018

Pre-Trip report - Amsterdam Dec 2018

Feels a bit odd writing a pre trip report after I have already been… but it didn’t feel quite right not doing some basic introductions as I was writing day 1.

So this is a special trip as it’s a trip I booked for my boyfriends 30th birthday! He had been to Amsterdam twice before and loved it and I had never been but it had been on my bucket list for quite a while.

If you have read some of my trip reports from 2011-17 you’ll notice this trip report features a new face – my new boyfriend Michael (Mick) this is our first trip away together so equally exciting for us both.

Mick’s birthday was on the Thursday so we decided to go Mon-Fri as we had taken the week off anyway.
I had booked the flights and hotel DIY – flights were via Easy Jet – Glasgow to Amsterdam Schiphol for £60pp return then I added a bag and seats together so it did go up slightly but I was happy with the overall price.
Hotel – I choose the Ink Hotel due to its reviews and location. I also wanted something nice for Mick’s birthday so spent more than I normally would on a hotel. It was £850 for 4 nights in a junior suite but would have been £550 had I stuck with a normal room.

Plans: I had pre-booked an evening canal tour to see the Christmas lights, Anne Frank’s house, the Heineken tour and the A’dam lookout tour beforehand.

Day 1 HERE
Index here !

Edited at 05:38 PM.
k4ti3-x is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List