View Single Post
Old 16 May 19, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Disney Dizzy View Post
Wow your trip looks fantastic. DD and I want to do a west coast road trip but she wants to do it when she is older (only 16 at the moment). I visited way back in 1978 and can remember staying at Yosemite. My dad was booking hotels along the way whilst we were out there - can you imagine doing that now! We had just left Vegas and were staying at Death Valley when he was trying to book accommodation at Yosemite. They didn't have room at the hotel there but could offer us a canvas cabin. My mum was NOT impressed when it was a tent - just like those in the photo you posted. We had a racoon visit us - no bears. Our next stop was San Fran so to make up for things Dad booked us a suite at the Sheraton - what luxury!

Have a fantastic time.
Thanks so much for reading. That's brilliant! I can't imagine booking things as I went, the OCD in me wouldn't allow it . I can imagine your mum wasn't impressed with a tent if she was expecting a hotel

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List