View Single Post
Old 11 May 20, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
floridacrazy
Dancing with Tink'

Originally Posted by dac123 View Post
The card companies will direct you to the Airline first, it is one of the conditions of claiming back. I am with Santander but most CC I have looked at ask for a list of conditions for you to show you have done to be eligible to claim back. The last on my list is, "Details of attempts to resolve with merchant"
You have 2 different options. Option 1 is a chargeback, this can be done on any type of card. It is less formal and normally quicker, I was advised to use this approach by a member of staff at the bank. Section 75 of the consumer credit act, unlike chargeback can not be used by debit cards. It is a more formal process. Credit card providers will pay you even if the supplier goes bust, so you have even more protection.
Is the chargeback route available to me please, I booked with Expedia as opposed to direct with AL? Expedia directed me to AL to sort a refund but as mentioned in my post above I’ve been waiting for almost 6 weeks so far. I didn’t think that the credit card company would assist if I booked through an intermediary?
floridacrazy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List