View Single Post
Old 29 Jun 20, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
However, as Bev (sort of) mentioned earlier, please don't store everything in one place - including cloud storage. Storing things in the cloud is great until you find you're somewhere without internet access, or you have problems with your internet connection, or the storage company starts charging huge amounts, or (worst case) goes bust.

Cloud storage, storage on an external hard drive, and storage of some files on your laptop/tablet/device is the way to go.
Yes of course a bit of a mix for all eventualities. I tend to use cloud for everything (as in back everything up, too lazy to sort out!), then just have important things backed up onto hardware that I really wouldn't want to lose. I don't worry about costs too much as it's easy to migrate (I use two cloud systems currently). I don't store anything on devices mostly for security reasons, certainly not at work.

(I work in information security and worked in digital preservation prior to that so it's a topic that interests me!)
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List