Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by GoldenAvalanche View Post
Yes of course a bit of a mix for all eventualities. I tend to use cloud for everything (as in back everything up, too lazy to sort out!), then just have important things backed up onto hardware that I really wouldn't want to lose. I don't worry about costs too much as it's easy to migrate (I use two cloud systems currently). I don't store anything on devices mostly for security reasons, certainly not at work.

(I work in information security and worked in digital preservation prior to that so it's a topic that interests me!)
For work I'm not allowed to store anything on an external device. It all gets stored on the company network.

For home stuff, I have some stored on iCloud (because I use Apple phones/iPad), some on DropBox, some on Flickr, but the majority on two laptops and an external hard drive.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List