View Single Post
Old 21 Sep 20, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
Hi Kelly Lovely to see you back on here... Sounds like you have been so busy with house, work etc and so glad the return to school went well
3 months on and it is interesting to see what I was thinking back in June! I admit I was a lot more optimistic then. In July BA cancelled our MCO - LGW flight but rather than take the refund I excitedly booked a longer stay with the return flight to LHR... Hmmm - maybe I should have taken the refund? ! Will be absolutely amazing if we get to go and I have booked park reservations for every day (was much easier than expected! ) but like you I am wondering if it really has any chance of happening... I've moved the DVC booking to February (replacing the POFQ booking!) as did not want to lose the points (although am nervous re Feb now) and am waiting to see what BA decide re the amendments etc. We booked and paid for the flights in January so are not covered by book with confidence at the moment
So, I still live in hope for a WDW stay over Christmas but am thinking DLP and Center Parcs if that doesn't happen...
I so hope we do both get there this Christmas. It's still 3 months away so maybe, just maybe... Let's keep dreaming
I don't blame you for rebooking, we need something to look forward to! I would do the same. I will keep everything crossed for February for you.

We said similar for Christmas, but then we're debating just moving it all to next year instead, but next years prices are horrendous!

We definitely need something to look forward to, so fingers crossed X

Originally Posted by minnie52 View Post
Good to hear that the kids have settled back into school, I really did feel for the kids who were changing schools in these times as they didn't have the usual transition but good to hear that Thomas is enjoying it.

It really does sound like you have been busy! Glad home improvements are all coming along well and your job is still going well.

I have my fingers crossed for you that you still get to go, we cancelled our Dec trip, well we moved the deposit towards a trip we had planned in feb to LA, however I am uncertain that even that will be going ahead. I normally love the build up to holidays, but this year they have just become a sense of dread for another cancelled trip! In another year, we would have been so excited now, we would have had our dining reservations booked, planning park days and what fp's we wanted and now its hard to get excited about any of it

But, we have to try and keep a positive attitude I guess, and alot can change in the next few months, and we are hopefully coming out the other side of this now. The alternative is just too much!
It's been so hard for the kids hasn't it How are you and the girls?

I think deep down I know we won't be going at Christmas hence why I haven't done any planning. I think we will be sad but it won't be as bad as May as we're kind of expecting this. I did see talks the other day of the US looking to reopen borders to certain countries but I doubt the FCO would allow it with the way our cases and the US cases are going at the moment!

I do think a positive attitude does help but also preparing for the negatives does too x

Originally Posted by Nannad View Post
Hi kelly, it’s lovely to see you posting, you certainly have been busy over the last few months. Our may holidays should be a distant memory now. We have rebooked for Oct 21, fingers crossed. Hope your holiday in December happens, looking forward to reading your trip report.

Del x
Hi Del, I hope you are well!

They really are aren't they. None of us could have predicted this. It's great you've rebooked for next year! I will keep everything crossed for you. Thank you x

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Hi Kelly,

It's lovely to read an update. It sure sounds like you've been busy at home. I'm really glad the kids have settled into school well and your job is still going well.

I'm keeping everything crossed that you get to have your wonderful Christmas trip. I totally understand that you're trying to not think about it at all and not get excited. I'd be the same. I've got lots of plans in my head for future trips, but I'm not booking anything at all, they are just dreams at the moment as I just can't face cancelling another trip. But I'm going to keep hoping that you and all the other Christmas travellers get a little bit of pixie dust.

Take care

Abby

X
Hi Abby

How are you all? Thank you, I know what you mean hence why I haven't planned anything else yet. It's more frustrating as we have parcels with When You Wish Gifts so I'm quite conscious we need to get over to collect those at some point. Some things won't last till the end of next year!

Nothing much else to report, BA still haven't cancelled but we're just waiting for it now. We do have a few dates in March next year we could move to so we're trying to keep an eye on everything x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List