View Single Post
Old 26 Sep 20, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by 123 View Post
One final wrinkle - because it is her bf (i.e. they are different sexes), florida law technically does not allow kids of different sexes to share the same bedroom after the age of 6. So if they are in the same room you will be breaking State Law. (Their is an exception for siblings sharing a room in a hotel if an adult is also in the room - this isn't your case though)

Similarly (and as a parent you might find this queasy to read) the age of consent in Florida is 18, and if this is broken the adults in the residence have committed a crime by allowing it to occur.

Not necessarily reasons not to take the BF, but things to have a good chat with them about in terms of laws aren't the same in different countries
Can I just ask, as we are in a similar situation, can they stay in the same room if the adults are in there too? (I know that sounds weird - but we would be hoping to spend a couple of nights in Hard Rock for HHNs and we all agreed it would be fine to just share as we will literally using it as a place to sleep after late night/early morning park visits (parents in a double, my two sons in the other double - which we are all used to anyway - & the girlfriend on the camp bed) - but wondering if this is allowed?

Two rooms whilst being costly is actually worse for the girlfriend, as it means sharing just with me, the ‘mother in law’, which I think is actually more uncomfortable than if we just all bunk in as if we are camping!

The rest of the trip would be fine as we’d have enough rooms in the DVC 2 bed villa, but we all really wanted to stay at the Hard Rock for the universal bit.

But will this be a problem?
amy56 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List