View Single Post
Old 27 Sep 20, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I booked BA because of their terms. My son has his A levels in the early summer, but I do not know when. There are 10 hotels involved in my multi centre fortnight and I have paid them cash up front as I fear for the post Brexit exchange rate. I also own sufficient dollars for the trip. My nightmare scenario is that the USA is open and my chosen airline is no more, with the remaining ones cranking up their prices (like Virgin did at Manchester with the demise of TC). In that case all Hotels and car have free cancellation. Everything has a price, whether I can afford it or otherwise!

This put Easter out because I do not want to disrupt my eldest sons studies.

This also put early summer 2021 out because his brother (14 yrs), may find his term extended.

I booked late Summer 2021 as this will give my eldest time to deal with any fallout from his A Level results as he seeks a Uni place. His chosen option is Penryn (Exeter Uni) and it is less than a mile from my home. If he does not get good enough grades, then Bath is his next option.

If we are still unable to fly come Summer of 2021,then I don’t think many Airlines will be in business in any case with a reasonable timetable of destinations. That is another reason to pick IAG/BA. If there are any left, they would be the one as I would predict Government intervention.

If we cannot fly in Aug, then I will only need one deferment.. to August 2022, given the BA terms and conditions.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 09:46 AM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List