View Single Post
Old 10 Dec 19, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

before i went into hospital the other week, i spent the previous couple of weeks pre-cooking a bunch of big pan slow meat dishes. mostly using mutton or beef shin. the sort of stuff using cuts of meat that needs cooking for at least 5 hours. i then portioned a couple of tubs of each off into the freezer so the amount of cooking we need to do for the following few weeks was minimal (boil some rice, do a pan of veg, that sort of thing)

i made:

mutton madras
beef shin tikka masala
matter paneer
beef bourginon with normal suet dumplings
beef goulash (with knedliky/dumplings)
and a couple of tubs of pulled pork (one dry, one with yellow dogs eats' fish's famous gold sauce) from a reduced price 80p pork shoulder we found in asda

on top of this, i also have a few tubs of base sauce... basically onions and spices with meat that can be easily added to to make yet more quick meals... just add tomatoes (or other sauce) and beans/chickpeas/mushrooms/veg

the only problem is we now have a completely full freezer, so need to start going through some of the drawers to see what else can be used easily

tonight is the mutton madras, so when i get home, i just need a cup of rice, a cup of boiling water, a ham stock cube and a dash of turmeric, stick it in a glass jug, cover with a plate and microwave for 8 mins, stir, then stand for 5. i might nip to the asian supermarket on the way home and pick up some onion parathas and maybe a few fresh bhaji to go with it...

(i normally make my own bhaji , but i'm taking things easy for a couple more weeks while i fully recover)
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List