View Single Post
Old 27 Feb 20, 04:54 AM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

My mam also has a digestive condition and she doesn’t eat normally on travel day. She never touches the food on board because she has no way of knowing what’s in it and learned years ago that it always disagreed with her. She brings her own small snacks on board of foods that agree with her and eats little and often throughout the flight and keeps hydrated to avoid digesting big meals. She also eats light the day before and morning before boarding to slow down her digestive system. This is not because of seating issues but for her own comfort. Would you consider adjusting your diet for you own comfort too? I can’t imagine it will be comfortable having a flare up on an airplane. I know they can’t always be avoided but anything you could do to avoid one would be a good idea because as you know stress is a cause of flare ups.

I would also call them and see what they can do for you. Aside from seating, there’s always the risk of a toilet going out of service during the flight (happened on our way over last year) and queues forming at the toilets or the possibility of bad turbulence making the toilets off limits for extended periods. Toilets are also off limits for a while after take off and before landing. Anything you can do to avoid a flare should give you additional peace of mind. And for the reasons others have stated I would never chance taking a middle and window and hoping the aisle will be empty or the other person willl move. We travel as a couple mostly and the person in the aisle beside us is almost always with the party in the centre seats on Orlando flights. Plus it just adds so much stress and worry on you leading up to the holiday and on travel day. Best to sort it now. Also consider bringing your own supplies like wet wipes, hand sanitiser because the airplane bathrooms can run out on a long haul flight. If you think you really will be up every 5 minutes you might even consider wearing a protective pad for the flight to reduce the fear of accidents.

If you’re going to Disney I believe they would be able to give you assistance too if you can’t queue normally I.e would have to leave the queue to use the facilities.

Edited at 05:07 AM.
landandword17 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List