Thread: The I4
View Single Post
Old 27 Feb 20, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by stevecoda View Post
Yes, total nightmare - we just returned yesterday and honestly, would think twice about a villa anywhere past Champions Gate.

The I4 in the mornings - looking on google maps - are red around champions gate Slip roads and added about 15 mins delay to Disney. Took about an hour and a quarter to get to Universal in the mornings. All Rush hour traffic.

Returning, the I4 is something to try and keep away from. Red, Red and more Red. Took around 2 hours back to the Villa in Balmoral anytime between 4 and 8pm.

You may think that you can take another Route - but most of Orlando thinks that way too, so all roads leading south are Red.

Decided to try cutting across to the 27, then down, but this is slow, plus the 27 has lights, so its stop and go.

Oh, and there are roadworks on the 27.

One unfortunate day, we were on the 429 (or 427), and stopped a few cars away from an overturned people carrier. Turns out that a pickup had slammed into the back of it, killing a 5 year old girl called Scarlett (a twin), her brother 11, and Mum and grandma, coming back from Disney. Scary thing is that we were a few cars behind, with our Daughter, Scarlett and twin Brother, and older brother. Alot of idiot american drivers who drive too close and zip in and out at speed - so be aware of who is also behind you, as more than likely they are looking at their phone.

Ideally, to get a good run up and down the 4, get up really early, and return after 9pm.

S
This has always been a factor for villa selection for us. We now avoid Hwy27 and ChampionsGate area - the extra 15-20 mins a trip adds up (even before you consider traffic issues that you have listed above). I cant see it getting any better either.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List