View Single Post
Old 12 Nov 19, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
We were there over Christmas up to NYE three years ago! So lovely to see all the Christmas stuff!

We must have got lucky as we paid $2000 for 10 nights in a hotel in LIC!

Have fun planning!
There were much cheaper hotels available in LIC and in New Jersey, but I love being in the middle of the action in New York, so Midtown is always the place for me!

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Ooh so jealous, I am exactly the same as Ele and would love to see the Rockefeller tree! Have only been in the summer so its on the bucket list to go when it's potentially snowing
You are a good hubby, I may leave this page open on the laptop in the hope my OH sees it...
Looking forward to reading all about it
We've done summer and winter. I think New York really suits the winter for some reason.

Originally Posted by jocat View Post
Ooh would love to see New York at Christmas. There’s going to be lots of very jealous Dibbers!

Will there be a trippie afterwards, so we can share in your trip? Am sure you’re long overdue writing one!
Maybe! I never posted the last NYC trippie from January. I did write most of it, it's just sorting out the photos that takes ages and I never seem to have time to get around to it! So no promises... !

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
New York is magical in winter especially if it snows .
The Rockefeller tree is outstanding and I couldn’t think of anywhere nicer at that time .
You will have such a great time
On our first winter visit to NYC in January 2017 (we'd already been in the summer before), it snowed the day before we got there, quite heavily. The first thing we did was head up into Central Park, arriving at dusk and staying a couple of hours into the darkness. It was completely covered in snow and absolutely magical lit by the streetlamps. Bloody freezing, but magical!