View Single Post
Old 1 Aug 18, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Start to plan our first Tokyo Disneyland

After much family deliberation on a disney holiday we have booked flights to Tokyo (into Narita and out of Haneda). A shade under 2k for 4 of us on KLM (and air france return) plus another 115 for seat booking (I was camping skyscanner daily for the second the seats were released). I managed to snag the 4 seats at the serving bulkhead too so noone will be reclining seats into us.

We have never been to Tokyo or disneyland either. We are arriving in Narita on the Monday so my plan was use the bus transfer to go to disney area for the day staying at the Hilton for 4 nights. That gives us 3 full days in disney(sea).

Then the idea is transfer to central Tokyo (via express train) "somewhere" for 6 nights, then transfer to Horiuchi beach area (train to Zushi, Taxi to Horiuchi) for a final 4 nights before going to Haneda for departure (taxi, train with single change)

Now for the questions!
  • Is there enough to do for 4/5 hours without going into disney on the first day? We land at 10:30 so I expect to be arriving in disney area about 13:00 to 14:00. Is there a "downtown" type area? I know if i'd never been to DLP then there is definitely enough to keep me busy for 4/5 hours (DD would be in the lego shop the whole time I suspect... )
  • Hilton Tokyo Bay is coming in about 21.6K¥ inc breakfast. This is about £150pn (depending on exchange of course). Is this a reasonable price to expect for room plus breakfast or am I best waiting? I have no experience of tokyo or disney area, this (on the face) seems a little steep but then again is IS in the disney area.
  • do disney tickets (for the park) have offers or is is "book as quick as you can because the price only goes up!"?
  • now that airbnb will be a "no go" by the time we go next July, I will be looking at a cheap apartment. How are taxi fares in Japan compared to say London? I intend using the train to get from Disney to central Tokyo then a taxi from the station to a "central ish" apartment. Foot and bus will suffice when we have gotten rid of our cases.
  • is a seaside hotel move to Zushi area (I believe Horiuchi is nicer than Zushi) for a few days worth it? Or not worth fully decamping? I think the train to zushi (from tokyo central) is just over an hour.
  • From what I am led to believe you dont need to pre-book train or transfer tickets like to do in the UK etc as there are no discounted travel options - simply get a ticket from the machines on the day - is this accurate?

So now all I have to do is book some hotels and get disney tickets!

Edited at 02:47 PM.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List